A to Z Challenge - I
I've always been a fan of Interracial Romance in books (and real life <3), but sadly don't see it often enough in the books I read. We invited the lovely Holley Trent here for a guest post, so check out what she has to say below!
Check out our previous A-to-Z posts: F, G, H
Holley is going to talk about Interracial Romance, give a few book recommendations and I'm going to give a shout out to her upcoming release below. Thanks so much for joining us today Holley!
As a writer of interracial and multicultural romances, I'm concerned not only with relatability but realism in my books. Throughout a series, I purposefully cast couples with different background combinations because that's what real life looks like, at least for me. We live in a global society in which we blend cultures more and more every day, and I like to see that kind of realism in the romances I read (and write).
I asked fellow CIM-RWA authors for some series they'd recommend, and the subgenres turned out to be just as diverse as the casts the books feature:
- Solace Ames's "LA Doms" features "multicultural BDSM erotic romances…with a focus on bisexuality." Each book stands alone, but The Dom Project was published first.
- In Angeline Bishop's "Jacmuir," "young adults... are forced to challenge their belief systems and deal with the fundamental core tenets of trust and loyalty within modern monarchies." Trust Stained Lies starts the series.
- Belle Calhoune's "Seven Brides Seven Brothers" Christian romance series: "Seven boys were adopted from the foster care system. ... Now grown men, the brothers are ... each hoping to find love that will last a lifetime." The Way Home is first in the series.
- Alyssa Cole's "Off the Grid" mixes new adult angst with post-apocalyptic conflict. The series starts with Radio Silence.
- Kim Golden's "Maybe" series is about love in Stockholm (and some little swimmers). The next in the series is coming this May, but start with Maybe Baby.
- Rebekah Weatherspoon's Fit Trilogy mixes business with pleasure: personal fitness training + kink. Book one shares the series title Fit.
- Also, check out Sofia Harper's small town romance "Tanner Creek" series that starts with Flirting with Trouble.
If you can think of any series that feature diverse couples throughout, I'd love for you to share them in the comments!
To learn more about my contemporary, paranormal, and erotic romances that feature casts as colorful as real life, visit my website http://www.holleytrent.com. Look for my Demons Undone boxed set—which features the antihero half-demon sons of a fallen angel whom has more sons than scruples—on April 13.
Check out Holley's soon to be released bundle, it's only $0.99!
Demons Undone - Holley Trent
Release Date: April 13, 2015
Pre-Order: Amazon, B&N
The sexy, powerful, and heroic half-demon children of the villainous Gulielmus are ready to fall. But love doesn't come easy when you're cursed by your own father. This hot and humorous paranormal bundle features one unforgettable family and five enchanting romances:
- A Demon in Waiting: Ariel Thomas knows smart women don't stop for hitchhikers, but for once in her regimented life, she decides to offer a gorgeous hobo a ride. John's unsophisticated charm makes Ariel swoon, and he's enthralled by her worldliness. The two fall hard and fast, but Gulielmus wants to put the skids on their cross-country love affair.
- A Demoness Matched: Liberated from a dangerous cult, Julia Tate needs protection from her incubus father and reclusive former baseball star Calvin Wolff's home is the perfect hideout. But Calvin has a hairy secret, too. When trouble finds them, can a werewolf and a demoness make an out-of-this-world match?
- A Demon in Love: Charles Edison wants to belong to someone special. But the Fates conspire to right old wrongs, and Charles learns the woman destined for him is one he shouldn't want: Marion Wilder, whose family has been on the supernatural Most Wanted List for twenty-five years.
- A Demon Bewitched: The last time Claude Fortier fell for a woman, Gulielmus killed her. Nearly 200 years later, Claude's lover is back . . . sort of. Gail Colvard may have been born with his sweet Laurette's soul, but her new-and-improved incarnation is a witch who isn't taking any mess - not from him, and not from dear old dad, either.
- An Angel Fallen: Mark Mayer gives up being an angel to chase after his would-be beloved, a werewolf who's gone feral because she won't settle with a mate. He's certain that trading his halo and wings for a mortal life with Sweetie is worth it—but convincing one stubborn werewolf that together they can find heaven on earth just might take a Christmas miracle.